The CCAA is a voluntary, non-sectarian, non stock, and non profit organization. The purposes for which this corporation is formed are to:
- Honor, preserve, promote and perpetuate the traditions and heritage of the Scottish-American people, with particular emphasis on descendents of and family of the descendents of the Scottish Clan Craig;
- Preserve and perpetuate for the present and future, the history of the ancient Clan Craig of Scotland;
- Foster and promote education by providing assistance to deserving students and supporting educational institutions in programs of Scottish literature, history, dance, music and similar activities;
- Preserve and promote Scottish and Celtic culture including art, music, dance, athletics through the establishment of competitions, awards, and scholarships for deserving students, artists and athletes;
- Preserve, foster and promote Scottish-American heritage and to facilitate communication between members and promote a fraternal atmosphere through periodic newsletters and other publications, and through meetings, and gatherings of the membership of the Association and their families and guests.